Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A warm welcome!

So here I am day 2 of life as a blogger! I want to thank everyone for their support. It was so wonderful to get feedback from friends and family yesterday. You've all helped me through the past 3 years... your support and love is what keeps me going!

Last night Carlton (my beloved boyfriend of 3 1/2 years) and I were awakened at 2:30 a.m. by the sound of "unz, unz, unz, unz" booming from our neighbor downstairs. Now this is not the first time we have been shocked by her complete lack of concern for keeping us up- but it was the first early week night. I started to wonder, what kind of life does this girl live? Are we really that boring couple who can't let the girl have her fun? I layed in bed with Carlton debating going downstairs to remind this wonderful person that in fact our bedroom is right above her stereo, and that it was in fact 2:30 a.m. on a Tuesday! As I was letting frustration and anger get the best of me- Carlton returned to our room from a trip of pacing around the apartment. I looked at him, and he was dancing to the beat of the music booming through our floor, like he was at a rave- really into it...hips shaking and all. And instantly, all anger and frustration was out the window. I was hysterically laughing. In fact, I couldn't even stop laughing once we got back to bed-I had a serious case of the giggles, everytime I heard the "unz, unz, unz" I imagined Carlton in his pajamas dancing. :)

Carlton has a sense of humor that does well with all people, i've witnessed toddlers and seniors alike respond in a similar way. He often causes people to really laugh, the from your belly- can't keep it in kind of laughing. I attribute this daily laughter to my health, and well-being. He is truly able to change to mood or alleviate stress by the smallest act of humor.

Laughter has truly been my best medicine from diagnosis through remission, thank you Carlton for giving me my daily dose. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. I think laughter is the best medicine. Seriously, the toughest, most horrible situations seem a little less horrible if you can find some laughter in your life!

    ReplyDelete